Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2017

I Can't Go!!! Mom's Meatballs!!!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)

I can't go!!!  I had to turn down an invite tonight to a friend's house for dinner.  He was having a small gathering.


Turning down invites makes me sad and sometimes angry.  I LOVE to visit and socialize and having to say no... well, it simply STINKS.

I can't go with the family to a restaurant tonight either - a family night out with the Christmas gift certificates my sister gave to everyone! (See What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?)


Christmas of 2015, my sister decided to give all her nieces and nephews gift certificates to a restaurant; the same restaurant.  The deal was, they would all go out together.  They did and they had a ball!

CLICK VIDEO

She did the same thing in 2016 only this time, included my parents.  And so... the ENTIRE family (my sister, her husband and kids) my kids and their significant others, my other sister and her husband and her kids and their significant others, are all going out to dinner tonight using the gift certificates from Christmas.

My daughter's college graduation dinner - I was able to attend that
The only two missing will be me and my husband.

With everyone's crazy schedules, this is when they could get everyone together!  Per my sister asking in the video above, they all love the gift and want her to do it yearly!  I thought it was a really great idea, even though I can't partake.

Maybe this year, she can find a restaurant that is reasonable enough and offers gift certificates AND has good food AND has a private room far from the kitchen.  If she can find ALL that, then I can go with the family!

I still can't eat anything, I will have to bring my own food, but at least I can go.


My sister did ask the restaurant if they had a private room.  They do, but as you will hear in the video above, it's right near the kitchen.  That doesn't help me.  I can't go.  Not only that, but it's an Italian restaurant that also makes pizza!!!!!!!!!!! (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 1)

CLICK VIDEO

Anywhere pizza is made, there's flour being flung all over the place.  It flies through the air and nowhere in the restaurant is safe.  Not to mention the cooking of the pizza.  Ovens are usually out in the open, not back in a kitchen.


Flour means GLUTEN.  Gluten for me means the ER.  Just breathing it in (either from it being in the air or the aroma from cooking) means a bad allergy attack.  (See Family Birthday Celebrations) Walking into a pizzeria could be a death sentence for me.


My mom is making meatballs for a family birthday celebration tomorrow. My son is helping her.  I couldn't be in the house when they first poured the breadcrumbs into the meat but once it was mixed up, I could be there. (See Family, Friends, Food And Fun!)

CLICK VIDEO  - SEE RECIPE BELOW

I can't be in her house when she's frying them.  Being the meatballs have breadcrumbs in them, I will have an allergy attack from the gluten in the breadcrumbs.  So I had to leave once she was ready to fry.

It's hard to know family and friends are gathering and I can't be a part of it.  (See Family And Friends Gathering - Part 3 of Series)


And so... I don't go to the friend's house. I don't go out with the family to the restaurant.  It's upsetting, it causes stress and anxiety, but, I must accept the situation and all my issues. (See Dealing With The Issues Associated With Hashimoto's Disease)


I do my best to always see the pros.  Some days, it's a challenge.  (See Pros And Cons)  I try to remember, things could be worse.  (See Great News)

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)

I try to divert my mind.  Rather than think about not being able to go, instead I'm working on something happy!


I'm writing out invitations for a big party the end of August.  I'm helping my sister plan it.  Stay positive, think happy thoughts, divert, and yes, sadness, anger, anxiety and stress will strike, but you are STRONGER than them!  Remember that.

The saga continues...

MOM'S MEATBALLS:

Ingredients:

Ground beef, you can also mix in ground pork if you like
breadcrumbs (plain)
eggs
milk
salt
parsley
garlic powder or fresh garlic (ground)
Parmesan cheese
She sometimes adds raisins

Add all seasonings to taste.  Mom NEVER measures anything.  She adds "until it looks good" which is how she taught us all to cook.  I guess what looks good to her works because she's an AMAZING cook! 

Roll meatballs, don't overwork the meat.   Fry in olive oil until browned.  Let cook in sauce the rest of the way. Enjoy

July is UV Safety Month!  Do you know how to protect your skin?  

Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

Other Posts You May Be Interested In Below:  SEE SIDE BAR FOR MANY MORE POSTS








Visit My YouTube channel:

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks a lot for sharing! You have made it so easy and simple for me.

    ReplyDelete