Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Where Gluten Hides

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.

Gluten is tricky.  It can hide in many places.  I have a severe gluten allergy.  I must be very careful.  


Many who are gluten free suffer from Celiac.  Eating gluten causes various issues and various severity of pain. (See Oh, I Know, You Have Celiac Disease. Umm, No, Not Exactly)

I suffer with many issues.  I'm allergic to gluten, nuts, soy, corn and eggs.  I have immunology issues, lymphedema, cellulitis, kidney failure, Hashimoto's disease and a mystery illness.  (See IT Struck Again Last Night - What Is IT????)

To follow the saga:  (See Oops, I Did It Again....)

Check labels carefully. Don't just trust gluten-free written across the front,  Read the entire label - front, back and sides!


I once purchased an over-the-counter Vitamin D that said gluten-free across the front.  When I read the label, it contained wheat!  I called the manufacturer, and as amazing as this may sound, they said even though it contains traces of wheat, they are allowed to label it gluten-free by law!  


Always carry an EPIpen if you have an allergy.  Keep it on you, as in a purse right near you or a pouch you wear.  Never take it out and place it down, such as on a counter top or table.  It's easy to forget, easy for people to move or for children and sometimes pets to get at. 

The WORST SCENARIO is to need the EPIpen and it can't be found immediately! 

My Lucy, she looks innocent, but she CHEWS EVERYTHING.  If she got one of my EPIpens, she would chew right through it!  It's the breed, they are known for it and no amount of training or punishment seems to stop it.  We must be very careful. 
One of my dogs is a chewer, to put it mildly.  My husband refers to her as The Destroyer!  We have to buy her Kong toys because she can chew through E V E R Y T H I N G!  


A Few Links You May Be Interested In:

Bare Naked Bakery And Cafe

Vitacost


11 Best Gluten Free Restaurants in NYC





You can shop gluten free easily. 


JUNE IS NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH - SEE HOW YOU AND OTHERS CAN BE SAFE

Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so sorry you are plagued by so many allergies and health conditions! It's great that you've educated yourself so well though. I am unaware of a gluten or food intolerance myself, but I definitely need to minimize my carbohydrates, as I have a predisposition to type 2 diabetes. Thank you for such an informative post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Yes, diabetes is also an issue, but it's under control so I'm not struggling with it. My doctor is happy with my numbers and the way I'm eating. And... I'm losing weight too, now that I've been properly diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease and put on proper medication! Wishing you well. Remember, white's not right! LOL

      Delete
  2. Yes gluten is everywhere! This is a real eye opener for some people. The easiest way is to eat non packaged foods I see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, agreed. I don't eat packaged foods. I eat all organic, fresh foods.

      Delete