Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

How Would You Escape Reality If Money and Time Were No Object?

Photo credit
How would I escape reality if money and time were no object?  Exactly as pictured above.  I would love to relax on a hammock overlooking a beautiful body of water.  Of course, I'd be up for some adventure too!  (See 15 Things I Loved About Being Young, Single And Healthy)

Click Video for amazingly gorgeous beaches of Tulum

I love the warmth, the sun and the blue waters,  My favorite vacation spot was Mexico. My favorite activity was frolicking on the beaches of Tulum.


Those were the days before my cookie fiasco (See Listen To Erma - She Knows...) and IT struck. (See IT Struck Again Last Night - What Is IT????)


This past weekend was tough.  I suffered with a horrific headache, the kind that blinds you, makes you dizzy and causes nausea.  It started Friday and went on until Monday, and even this morning, Tuesday, 5/2/17, it is still lingering.


Not only did I have a headache, but one side of my face was swollen.  You couldn't see it, but I felt it. My nostril was closed, I couldn't breathe out of it.  My whole cheek was swollen, my eye socket hurt, my jawline hurt.

 
I called the allergist/immunologist yesterday to ask about the swelling. (See My Second Visit With the Extraordinary New Doctor April 21, 2017)  I told her I'm taking all my allergy medication and also took Advil Cold And Sinus.  For some reason, I can take that without a problem. Although, they don't want me taking too much due to the recent kidney failure. (See Why Was I Gaining Weight? Why Couldn't I Lose Weight? Part Two)


The allergist feels that this is due to a high pollen season. She advised me to keep all windows closed (I do) and to use the air conditioner (I do).  I do not believe it's a sinus infection or a problem with my teeth.  I've seen the dentist for this previously, thinking it was the teeth.  This is not the first time I've suffered this swelling!


I just want to be NORMAL again. I want to do normal things and eat normally.  I used to love half a corn muffin with cream cheese for breakfast. The first time I ordered that while traveling, the waitress looked at me like I had three heads.  Apparently, it's a New York thing.  (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 1)


If I could escape this reality, I'd definitely fly to a tropical location.  I'd watch what I ate, but I'd eat normally and maybe even taste a little bit of foods from my past just for fun!  (See Memories - Vintage Foods From Years Gone By)


I would get up early and do laps in the pool while it's not crowded (I loved to do that).  I'd shop at the markets and pick the perfect trinkets to bring home to family and friends.  


In the evening, I would order a lobster dinner with a glass of wine.  I always enjoyed my glass of wine.


After dinner, there would be some night swimming - my absolute favorite time to be in the pool!


Of course, I would end the night with another glass of wine or a light cocktail at the swing bar if I were in Akumal, Mexico.  No.... not swinger, swing!  You sit on swings at the bar.

Click Video for Swing Bar, Akumal, Mexico

A little warning. Don't overdo it with the cocktails!  I never have, but I've seen people.  Swings and drunk don't mix! (See Time Travel - Is It Possible?)  Those tropical cocktails go down easily.  You aren't sucking a milkshake through that straw, though it sure does feel like it!!!!!!  Ha, ha, I think that's their point!


Of course, a good night's sleep so the next day could be spent on the gorgeous beach!  Jumping waves was my favorite.

Click video

I just have to go back in time to when things where normal!  I miss my buddy, Iggy.  Yes, I named him Iggy.  I think it was a him anyway.  Who is Iggy you ask?  He's the Iguana that would hang with me and sun himself daily by the pool as I swam with friends at our condo in Mexico!  I know, I know, the name is not very original, but it suited him!

I do miss traveling!

  • My sister and brother-in-law just came back from California.  
  • My son and his girlfriend just took a Disney cruise and then another trip to Disney in Orlando. 
  • My daughter and her boyfriend, my niece and her boyfriend and several other couples are taking a cruise in a few weeks.  
Click Video
  • My sister and brother-in-law and my nephew and his girlfriend are going to Punta Cana in a few months and my other sister and her family are joining them! They are staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace resort.
Click Video

I'd love to go with each and every one of them!  For now though, I guess I need to be happy my headache and swelling dulled enough for a while on Sunday that I was able to spend an hour on the beach at home on Long Island!  (See 12 Facts About Long Island, New York)

How would you escape reality if money and time were no object?  Leave comments on this blog post. Tell us all about your favorite adventures or your dream adventures!



Click Video

FUN FACT:  The Corona Beer Commercials are filmed in Tulum, Mexico!

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog


Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)


5 Signs You Need To Go To The ER For An Allergic Reaction


What Is A Compounding Pharmacy And Do You Need One?


The Snowstorm That Wasn't - The Allergy Attack That Was


The Family I Haven't Met Yet





Wanted - Short, Dark-haired, chunky woman... You Won't Believe Witness Descriptions!


Valentine's Day With Allergies???????


Where Do I Shop For Organic, Gluten Free, And More...


Snowstorm Anxiety When You Have Allergies, Asthma, Hashimotos, Cellulitis Issues


What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?



Back To Basics - Organic Baby Food? The Holistic Approach


Organic, Gluten Free Crockpot Lasagna in about Three Hours



4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun post! I can dream of many things I'd do if money didn't need to be considered. Hmm. Maybe that would be a good post for me to write sometime. Thanks for the idea! Two Wolves Fight for Supremacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read your post. I will check out your blog too, now! Hope you subscribe to mine and follow my saga! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    That's wonderful that you help people with your symptoms at your site. My daughter-in-law can't eat gluten.
    Thanks for bringing your post to Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I always feel that those in "the same boat" can benefit and encourage one another. Your daughter-in-law may like my post on where I shop. http://teachinganoldcooknewtricks.blogspot.com/2017/01/where-do-i-shop-for-organic-gluten-free.html You may want to share with her. :)

      Delete