- I did what I wanted, when I wanted, how I wanted.
- I handled all finances.
- I decorated when and how I wanted.
|My Yorkie which I bought in 2006.|
- I decided if we should have pets (yes we should).
- I did things my way with no one to give me a hard time!
- I made what I wanted for dinner or what the kids' requested or I decided if we would eat out.
- I came and went as I pleased
- I went out with friends as I pleased.
- I had guests at my discretion.
- I never had to worry about anyone else other than myself and the kids.
- I made all decisions for the kids.
- There was no one around aggravating me, especially when I wasn't in the mood.
- I worked the hours I thought were best.
- I made the choice to go back to school and didn't have to ask anyone's opinion.
- I chose all vacations and made sure we took at least one big one a year.
- Now...I'm older, married and ill. But,I love now too. Of course, I wish I could eliminate the ill. I sure am trying.
- I have a wonderful, caring, fun, funny husband. He was once told by a professional comedian that he should have been a comedian! He's been told that by many his whole life, including me.
- They do say laughter is the best medicine! He keeps me laughing.
- You have to keep a sense of humor through all of life's situations! (See Wanted - Short, Dark-haired, chunky woman... You Won't Believe Witness Descriptions!) and (See The Time-Censored Light Switch)
- I embrace the now. Look for the good in the now! (See Pros And Cons)
- I love being wiser and more experienced.
|We spent an hour on the beach, it was relaxing and fun.|
- I enjoy having a partner to do the little things with.
- It's great to ask hubby's opinion before decisions are made.
- An impromptu stop in a pet store led to hubby buying me a Chiweenie for my birthday. Surprises are fun!
- I look forward to Grandmotherhood! Is that a word? Well, it's my word. (See The Family I Haven't Met Yet)
- These days, rather than wild adventures, I get excited about the little things in life. (See Incredible, Amazing Party With My Fabulous Fun, Insane Family And Friends!)
- Being older and ill gives your perspective. You realize the years go by very fast. When you are young, time moves slower, even though you are crazy busy.
|We spent an hour on the beach! I've collected shells at many destinations. I enjoyed collecting them right here on Long Island! They are just as beautiful.|
- While I've always prioritized, I do so even more now. I don't wait until tomorrow, I do it TODAY. (See Listen To Erma - She Knows...)
|My Yorkie up front, Lucy's brother visiting, Lucy with her tongue sticking out and my Morkie in back.|
- I love long talks with hubby and my parents while sitting in the yard watching the dogs play.
- It's great not having to lug everything on my own. My son is grown and helps (does the majority) my hubby does what he can and I do what I can.