Search This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Good News! AND THEN... THIS HAPPENED!!!!


My insurance carrier called late yesterday with an automated message stating that my prescription was approved. (See My Visit With the Extraordinary New Doctor March 31, 2017)

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog


The doctor's office called and left a voicemail today saying my prescription was approved.

Now... this may be purchased over the counter in certain areas and in certain formulas, but the one I need is by prescription!


I thought it was going to be a fight.  I KNOW about fighting with insurance carriers, I did it for 25 years, it was part of my job.  Amazingly, they approved it first request!  Hurrah.

No appeal necessary. I wrote many appeals for clients through the years.


I'm so happy it was approved quickly and easily.  It's been over three weeks since IT has started again and I have not eaten a normal diet, no vegetables, no protein, etc. (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)

I'm feeling weak, getting headaches, losing weight (neither I, nor my doctors, are happy about that), I have the shakes and I feel lightheaded. It feels like someone forgot to charge the battery!
me 55 lbs lighter on the right.
Sure I would like to lose more weight and bloating, however, in a healthy way.  Not due to starvation and lack of proper nutrition.  (See Back To Basics - Organic Baby Food? The Holistic Approach and Why Was I Gaining Weight? Why Couldn't I Lose Weight? Part Two)

I see the doctor again in two weeks.  She needs time to work with the insurance carrier, collect all the medical records and receive the blood work results.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED:  



I spoke to mom on her cell.  She was at my sister's house seeing the twins or a family friend. (See Awesome Anticipation Of A Delightful Night).  I decided to take a ride over, it is within walking distance.


I was there about two minutes when my face started swelling, I started choking, my nose and throat swelled.  I asked my sister, "did you cook anything with gluten."  She said, "no."  Then she remembered, she cooked something last night!  There you go. It was still in the air.


I didn't ask in advance because generally she works late on Wednesdays and doesn't cook and she works all day today and wouldn't have cooked.  When I got there, they were all eating salads that looked like takeout.  And then... the issues started and I asked.

I couldn't stay! I was there a total of three minutes!  Everyone was laughing, having fun, chatting, holding babies and I had to leave.


I called my friend the other day (the mother of the twins) to respond to her invite.  I asked:
  • Where the party was taking place (indoors or outdoors).  She said outdoors.  That's a plus. 
  • I asked if they were doing all the cooking and where.  
  • She told me most is being catered.
  • They are cooking some food. One dish they are making is fried chicken.
  • I asked when they were cooking the fried chicken.  She said that morning. 
  • I asked if they were cooking at her house.  She said yes, she thought so. 

Well... I explained that I can come but I must stay outside.  If I have to use the bathroom, I won't be able to go inside. I will need to leave and go home.  It's not a far ride,  about 15 minutes.  I also explained that if it rains and is indoors, I can't attend. 


She said there will be a rain date, even though none was indicated on the invite.  

She told me to call the day before and double check.  Maybe her family will decide to cook in another house or maybe they will cook a few days in advance.  

So, I'm hoping I can attend and stay. (See What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?)   We shall see. 

Stay tuned...


See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog


Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

Other Posts You May Be Interested In Below:  SEE SIDE BAR FOR MANY MORE POSTS











Visit My YouTube channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment