It's bad enough having reactions to gluten, nuts, soy, corn and eggs, but now that IT is back, it's a nightmare. (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)
- When IT starts, anything can cause the mystery attack.
- An attack is horrendous and causes me extreme anxiety.
- My neck, throat, face, nose and tongue swell. The swelling hurts.
- It's difficult to swallow and breathe.
- It feels like you are being strangled.
- I can barely turn my head when this happens.
- I don't want to wind up in the ER yet again.
- I can't stand all the poking and prodding in the ER to come out with the very same results, WE DON'T KNOW.
- I don't want to ruin celebrations or holidays.
- I can't stand the feeling from the medications they give me; IV Benadryl, IV Steroids, Epinephrine shot.
Eating is a basic need. It's instinctive. A monkey can do it!
Being terrified to eat is simply not normal. I asked my counselor if she ever heard of anyone who was afraid to eat. She said no. People do have eating disorders, but they don't present in this manner. (See How to Deal With Life's Bizarre Challenges)
I miss salads the most. I loved my salads. I also miss my vegetables. (See Organic Brussels Sprouts & NYC Restaurant Known For It's Brussels Sprouts!)
I was even scared to start the powdered nutrition the doctor ordered.
- The counselor had to talk me into it!
- It was a whole production the first time.
- I did it in my parents' house, with a lot of people around.
- I had my EPI pens by my side (sticking up from my pocketbook).
- I took only a spoonful at first.
I saw the new Gastroenterologist today. I told her my long, sordid tale. (See IT Struck Again Last Night - What Is IT????)
She thinks the Allergist/Immunologist is onto something! She scheduled an endoscopy/colonoscopy to do a specific biopsy and she's getting medical records from the Allergist. (See My Second Visit With the Extraordinary New Doctor April 21, 2017) Unfortunately, the appointment isn't until July! Crazy, I know.
I was able to get in to see the ENT for May 16 rather than June! And so... the saga continues (See Me, My Highfalutin Car And The ENT..)
So... I continue with my powdered nutrition until further notice! MMMMMMMMMMM. (See Congratulations! You Just Gave Birth To....).
I can't wait to, hopefully, at least get back to the way I was eating when I started this blog! I'd love to film more gluten-free, organic (allergy-free) recipes!
Of course, I'd love to be able to taste all the foods I used to eat once in a while when I was NORMAL. After all, New York has amazing cuisine! (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 1)
I'm a BIG MYSTERY, per the Gastroenterologist's exclamation today! Yeah, I know, I know.
How I Dealt With The Easter Holiday
Visit My Pages: