Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2017

You Can't Change...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)


I was not a fat child.  I wasn't even a fat pregnant lady.  I gained 25 pounds with my first pregnancy and 26 pounds with my second pregnancy.  That's nothing.  My doctor was thrilled. I've never had high blood pressure in my life.

I danced since I was little, played outdoors all day and night, rode my bike all over the neighborhood, spent hours in the pool.  I sure got in my excercise.

Then... I started to gain weight, a lot of it after the kids were born.  Long story short, after years of struggling, I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, a thyroid condition.


I really never ate junk food, I didn't like it.  I was more into vegetables and some fruits.  (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 1) and (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 2)

Now with the proper diagnosis, medication and a Nutritionist who understands Hashimoto's, Diabetes and other distinct issues, I have lost close to 60 lbs and kept it off.   (See The Neuropsychologist and the Nutritionist)

lymphedema in my legs

A lot of the weight was also swelling and bloating, which is now also somewhat under control. (See Why Was I Gaining Weight? Why Couldn't I Lose Weight? Part Two)

Everyone keeps congratulating me on the weight loss online, in person, over the phone, via email, Facebook inbox, etc.  These are the people who love and like me for me, regardless of what the number on the scale says.


There are people out there, with very mean spirits, who are also very ignorant.   They choose to make fun of people who are fat. They choose to assume and generally they are clueless.  I was once accused of eating Twinkies out of control.  The truth is, I've never even tasted a twinkie.

It never bothered me, I took it from where it came.  I'm way too confident to be bothered by such nonsense.  (See You're Fat! Nannie Nannie Poo Poo)

My response was always, I'm me, fat or thin, I'm still me on the inside, and that's what makes the person.  I've always liked me, still do and always will.  Many people out there love and like me, wonderful family, amazing friends (new and old).  I'm a good, kind, caring, giving, fun, funny, friendly, person.



When people would make fun of me for being fat, I'd say, "I can fix fat, you are stuck with stupid!" Well... I fixed the fat.  They are STILL stupid!!!!!


I remember one time someone who thought they were being sarcastic on a message board.  Referring to me, the person wrote, "She will probably claim she has a thyroid problem."  Well... it's the first time the poster was correct.  I DID have a thyroid problem, only I DIDN'T know it at the time.  Kudos to her for guessing correctly!!!!!!!!!

I still want to lose a little more weight. I'm on a great diet (not a diet to lose weight) a life-long diet as in this is the way I'll be eating.  (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)

I'm hoping to eat normally again someday (as in more variety), but things could be worse.  I'm no longer malnourished and I am eating some real food.  (See Congratulations! You Just Gave Birth To....)

If someone were TRULY concerned for another's health, they would speak with them privately either in person, via phone, text message, email, inbox.  They wouldn't call names, they wouldn't make false accusations, they wouldn't say it in front of a crowd. 

Remember, if you are against bullying, against being mean, don't want to use "bad words" such as retard, well, then don't deem it acceptable to pick on people and attempt to insult them due to their weight.  Why is fat ok but retard not ok?

A lot of society seems to put the blame on the overweight person and then feel it's ok to harass them, insult them, etc.  Meanwhile, they have no idea why the person is overweight.  (See Living with an Eating Disorder - Guest Post)


I have never personally suffered from an eating disorder, but many people have.  Sometimes, people overeat, and it's not because they don't care, they are pigs, they are gluttons, they are stupid or any other nonsense.  Food can be their drug of choice, just like some turn to alcohol, illegal drugs, gambling, etc. Their eating disorder is due to more than you know, more than you can see, possibly a lifetime of horrendous abuse, neglect, etc.  For more information on overeating visit Overeaters Anonymous.

I'm a believer in calling a spade a spade.  I was fat.  I knew it.  I didn't try to sugarcoat it.  However, stating I'm fat matter of factly and saying it in a mean, sarcastic, accusatory way are two different things.  I have a backbone, I laughed, it always struck me funny.  But not everyone is that way. (See Willy Wonka! That's Not Me...)

food at a recent gathering at our house.

Keep in mind, food addiction is the HARDEST addiction to beat - FACT.  You can stop gambling, alcohol, drugs or other addictions and never touch it again.  YOU CAN'T STOP FOOD.  It's like putting a drink in front of an alcoholic, cocaine in front of a drug addict and a deck of cards in front of a gambler and expecting them to be ok.  FOOD is EVERYWHERE, offered for EVERYTHING.  (See Family, Friends, Food And Fun!)



Why would anyone with an ounce of intelligence make fun of people with physical or mental illnesses?  Think before you speak.  Making fun of someone over their weight puts you right into the "You can't change stupid" category. You may think you sound cool, you may think you are hurting another person who deserves it, you may think you are funny, you may even mask it as being concerned for their health, but in reality, you are simply a Jackass!

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)


NEW SHORT STORY MONDAY WILL POST ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2O17 - See below

September is National Food Safety Month - Visit these websites for more information:  Fight Bac! and Healthy Meals Resource Team  THERE ARE MANY LINKS ON THESE SITES WITH EXCELLENT INFORMATION!

Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

Other Posts You May Be Interested In Below:  SEE SIDE BAR FOR MANY MORE POSTS



SHORT STORY MONDAY:  A new short story the first Monday of every month. Click link below for all short stories.



Blog Posts:






Visit My YouTube channel:




No comments:

Post a Comment