Search This Blog

Monday, September 11, 2017

We Will Never Forget! SEE MY GUEST POST SHORT STORY BELOW

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)


As a native New Yorker and someone who at one time passed through the World Trade Center daily to work in the Wall Street area, I knew many people involved in the chaos on 9/11/01, from police to firefighters to family, friends, coworkers, etc.  Everyone  knew someone who knew people there. 


Turmoil To Tenderness - See my short story which was posted on The Ugly Writers Website. To see my short story on this blog visit this post



I remember every moment of that day. You never forget certain moments in history.  I remember where I was, every person I was with, everything said, every news report, every smell, the gorgeous weather that day and leaving work early to come home to my family.

I had my sister take my kids from school when she picked up her own.  I wanted them home.  I had no idea what was going to be next and citizens and authorities alike were worried about several targets on Long Island that might be hit.  


We will Never Forget all the victims of the horrendous day, the innocent people in the buildings including the Pentagon, the firefighters, the police, the tourists, the passengers on each of the planes and their crew, and all those who lost their lives either from responding that day or working after the fact in that area.  

To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)


NEW SHORT STORY MONDAY POSTED ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2O17 - See below

September is National Food Safety Month - Visit these websites for more information:  Fight Bac! and Healthy Meals Resource Team  THERE ARE MANY LINKS ON THESE SITES WITH EXCELLENT INFORMATION!
Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

Other Posts You May Be Interested In Below:  SEE SIDE BAR FOR MANY MORE POSTS



SHORT STORY MONDAY:  A new short story the first Monday of every month. Click link below for all short stories.





Blog Posts:






Visit My YouTube channel:

2 comments:

  1. Although I was nowhere near New York when it happened and I didn't know anyone who was affected in any way, I still remember that day so clearly. Coming home from school, all family was glued to the TV, watching in horror as things unfolded. It is still shocking now as it was then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still too much to handle today. At times, it felt like I was watching a horror movie. I had to keep saying, Oh My God, this is REAL! It affected the entire nation and many parts of the world. However, living here, to this day, I'm still surprised not seeing those buildings. Crazy, right. I have not been down there since it happened. I can't bring myself to go to the place I went daily for years.

      Delete