See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog
BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.
To follow my story: (See Someone Asked Me Today How I Deal With...)
|picture taken by me of the dogs playing in the yard. The darker Chiweenie is my Lucy's brother visiting to play.|
I suffered all weekend. Saturday I was home all day in bad pain. I had to cancel the dog's vet appointment because I couldn't leave the house.
- I have to cook and pack up all my own food. I need to make sure I bring enough in case of any kind of emergency or delay. Everyone else can eat anything, I can't eat at all.
- We once got a bad flat years ago when I was a kid with a car full of people on the way to Queens. Four adults, six kids and a dog in my dad's station wagon. We were on the side of the road for a long time. Back then, my Uncle was able to give my cousin and I money (we were in elementary school) and we went into a hospital that was on the service road in Queens to buy cigarettes from a vending machine! YUP, Imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Another time we got stuck for hours due to an accident. Mom handed out snacks (she always kept snacks and drinks in case of an emergency). Today, I'd just starve for hours unless I had my own food with me.
- I can't bring a dish because although I'm an excellent cook and love to cook, I can't cook normally these days. No one wants to eat bland chicken.
- I can't bake even though I was an avid baker back in the day.
- So... we would need to either order food to bring or stop at a bakery and buy something.
- I can't walk into a bakery, therefore, I'd have to rely on someone else to pick out something.
- I don't drive on highways, so I'm at the mercy of others. I also have horrific anxiety in cars, even when someone else is driving. (See What Is Gephyrophobia?)
- My husband can't drive, not that it would make a difference - see above.
- I need to worry about whether I can go indoors to use a bathroom. Are they heating up food that will cause an allergy attack in the basement kitchen?
- If I go into one Aunt's house, did she cook anything that will cause an allergy/asthma attack?
- If I go up three flights to my other Aunt's house, did SHE cook aything that will cause an allergy/asthma attack?
- If I have an attack, will I wind up in a hospital far from home with doctors and medical staff who don't know my history?
- What about chemicals. Did they clean bathrooms with bleach? Did anyone clean their homes with bleach? Did they use any type of drain declogger? (See 10 Ways I Survived the Bathroom Fiasco)
- If I start to feel horrible, will I have to suffer through until the people we drove with are ready to leave or will I have to make someone leave early to take me home?
- Will I get terrible bouts of needing the bathroom for hours on end (no fun when you are home, even worse at a family gathering)
|Pic taken by my sister in Queens|
Needless to say, it's too much for me to go. I feel like I'm a burden on everyone and if I have a problem, I'll ruin the party. Never mind, possibly having an attack and winding up in a hospital.
|September is National Food Safety Month - Visit these websites for more information: Fight Bac! and Healthy Meals Resource Team THERE ARE MANY LINKS ON THESE SITES WITH EXCELLENT INFORMATION!|