Search This Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Surprising Biopsy Results

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.

I had a biopsy of the parotid glands about a week and a half ago. (See Today Is The Day and... YAY, I Can Go! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!)

The biopsy itself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  (See Why I Was Hysterical Laughing Before And After My Biopsy)

Waiting for results was torture, no one was laughing then.  I even called last Friday but nothing was in.


Now... the Allergist/Immunologist sent me to the ENT.  (See Oops, I Did It Again....)  The ENT sent me for the specialized test (biopsy).  So, it was the ENT that got the results and then sent them to the Allergist/Immunologist.


The ENT called me and unfortunately, I missed the call.  He did leave a voicemail. I called back and left a message but didn't hear from him again that day.

The next day, the Allergist/Immunologist called.  I got her call.  She repeated what the ENT had said in his message. It was a very surprising phone call.


Per the Allergist/Immunologist, my biopsy was completely normal.  I was very surprised.  So was she!  I was also disappointed.  I know, that sounds crazy right?  Not so much.


We WANTED a positive.  If it had come back positive, finally they would have figured out what IT is.  (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)

I was so upset when I spoke to the Allergist/Immunologist.  She told me that it might still be what she thinks.  I still need the biopsies when they do the endoscopy and colonoscopy, scheduled for July.

And so... the saga continues.  Stay tuned.



GOING ON VACATION THIS SUMMER? (See Summer Vacation - HOW TO DO Disney With Allergies/Gluten Free!)

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

See Why I Love MyFitnessPal And The Most Fun Way To Burn Calories!



Injuries are a leading cause of disability for people of all ages – and they are the leading cause of death for Americans ages 1 to 44. The good news is everyone can get involved to help prevent injuries. Find Services near you.
This June, we encourage you to learn more about important safety issues like prescription painkiller abuse, transportation safety, and slips, trips, and falls.
  • Prescription painkiller abuse: Prescription painkiller overdoses are a growing problem in the United States, especially among women. About 18 women die every day from a prescription painkiller overdose – more than 4 times as many as back in 1999.
  • Transportation safety: Doing other activities while driving – like texting or eating – distracts you and increases your chance of crashing. Almost 1 in 5 crashes (17%) that injured someone involved distracted driving.
  • Slips, trips, and falls: One in 4 older adults falls each year. Many falls lead to broken bones and other health problems.
You can make a difference. Find out ways to help reduce the risk of these safety issues.
JUNE IS NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH - SEE HOW YOU AND OTHERS CAN BE SAFE

Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

No comments:

Post a Comment