Search This Blog

Sunday, June 18, 2017

HELLO OUT THERE - DEAR MANUFACTURERS - YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

BLOGGERS - JOIN MY NEW FACEBOOK GROUP - Click here.


I want to attempt to make gluten free, brown rice muffins with either apple or banana flavor or both. I want to use as little ingredients as possible.  I'm allergic to gluten, nuts, soy, eggs and corn. (See Where Gluten Hides)


I'm thinking I can use my organic baby food in my recipe for flavor.


I got very excited.  I found gluten-free, organic baking soda!   Whooooo Hooooo!


It's not that expensive.  Another plus. It got 5 stars from the two who took the time to review it on this site and more good reviews on other sites!  We are in business.


Not so fast.  Maybe not.  I may have jumped the gun.  I need to continue reading.  Remember, we must ALWAYS read the ENTIRE package - front, back and sides


Well... there goes that.  I'm allergic to gluten, nuts, soy, eggs and corn. This product is manufactured in a facility that uses nuts and soy!  It has now been rendered useless to me.  

My letter to all Manufacturers!
DEAR MANUFACTURERS.  You are driving me crazy.  When someone has one allergy, they usually have more.  Per the Mayo Clinic:

The eight foods included in food allergy labeling account for an estimated 90 percent of allergic reactions. These eight foods are:
  • Milk
  • Eggs    
  • Peanuts
  • Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts)
  • Fish (such as bass, cod, flounder)
  • Shellfish (such as crab, lobster, shrimp)
  • Soy
  • Wheat
CLICK VIDEO


If you are going to make a gluten free product, WHY MAKE IT IN A FACILITY THAT MANUFACTURES FOODS THAT ARE ON THE MOST COMMON FOOD ALLERGY LIST.

I'm not just talking about this one product or this one manufacturer.

HELLO

Wake up, smell the coffee.  If you are going to help those of us with allergies, and we are a large population and getting larger by the day, then you have to make a real effort. I know it's "expensive" but think how much money you are losing because of how many of us can't buy your products!


Manufacturers can really add to the stress level.  (See Round and Round We Go... The Saga Continues)


I have enough stress.(See What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?)  I don't need even more!

Please, Manufacturers, make it easier on sufferers, help alleviate our stress and think of how many more people can now purchase your product!


To learn more about allergies:  Food Allergy Awareness Week - YOU CAN HELP!!


JUNE IS NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH - SEE HOW YOU AND OTHERS CAN BE SAFE

Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

No comments:

Post a Comment