Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Listen To Erma - She Knows...


You can be sitting at the table after a long, fun-filled weekend with family and friends and... BAM, in an instant, your life changes. (See Welcome - Make Yourself At Home - Some History On Me)


I NEVER ate cookies, I never much cared for sweets.  We were all talking at my sister's house last night and I said I've never tasted a Twinkie, never liked the smell.  I took a tiny bite of a Funnybones and didn't like that either. That was about 40 years ago, never touched anything like that since.


That night eight years ago, I didn't even eat the whole cookie!  I took a taste.  I wound up in the ER. It's been downhill ever since.  In an instant.

Everyone always says... tomorrow, later, sometime.  We aren't guaranteed any of that.  Do it TODAY!

 
Make memories to last a lifetime.  Have FUN.  Spend the money!  You deserve it.  The house will always be there, it's not going anywhere.  Worry about the house tomorrow, later, sometime.


If you die suddenly, the house will go to relatives. You know what they do?  I've seen it OVER AND OVER working for lawyers and in insurance.  They sell it, AS IS and take the money and... GO ON VACATION AND MAKE THOSE MEMORIES AND HAVE FUN!


You work hard.  You deserve to have fun, see the world, get wild, relax, try new cuisine.  Travel and vacations are great for kids.  I've always said, you learn more seeing the world and living than you ever will in any classroom!  Get out there and LIVE.  You only get one chance. (See Time Travel - Is It Possible?)

Click Video - This family decided to go to Hawaii for a month!  They pulled the kids out of school.  People gave them crap.  If you ask me, this is an experience of a lifetime and those kids are learning more than they ever will in any classroom!  

Listen to Erma - She Knows...  As a kid and young adult, I read her column all the time!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erma Louise Bombeck (née Fiste; February 21, 1927 – April 22, 1996)

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER – by Erma Bombeck
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
I would have eaten the popcorn in the ‘good’ living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn’t show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, ‘Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.’ There would have been more ‘I love you’s’ More ‘I’m sorry’s.’
But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it and really see it .. live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!
Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s doing what Instead, let’s cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do as you please.  As long as it's not intentionally hurting anyone or illegal, live for YOU!


One thing I was always taught and I taught my own kids was to never care what others think.  It's how I've lived my whole life!  I live for ME and whoever doesn't like it, well, I guess they have a problem!  

Basically, I've lived life like Erma describes! Too bad she figured it out when it was too late!


NO ONE, EVER, ON THEIR DEATHBED, said, "I wish I had painted the house more, done more laundry, worked longer hours, mowed the lawn more."  You NEVER hear people say, "Remember the time the kitchen floor was spotless."  


People laugh and reminisce about the silly things, the special parties, the fun vacations, the mishaps, the time when they were kids that they made their aunt so crazy, she chased  them a city block with a loaf of bread wielding it like a Samurai sword!


The most fun is when you all disagree about how it happened and have to call an older sibling or relative to get the story straight.  But you will "remember it" your way always and you will laugh and have fun all over again for many years!


One day, I will tell you about ONE of the many camping trips we've taken.  My friend and I refer to as the SAVE THE EELS trip!  


No one can do it all.  I chose to make the memories and have the fun!  I have no regrets!

Listen to Erma - She Knows...  She figured it out a bit late, but, she's right!



Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)


5 Signs You Need To Go To The ER For An Allergic Reaction


What Is A Compounding Pharmacy And Do You Need One?


The Snowstorm That Wasn't - The Allergy Attack That Was


The Family I Haven't Met Yet





Wanted - Short, Dark-haired, chunky woman... You Won't Believe Witness Descriptions!


Gluten Fee Vegetable Crockpot Lasagna - All Organic


Valentine's Day With Allergies???????


Where Do I Shop For Organic, Gluten Free, And More...


Snowstorm Anxiety When You Have Allergies, Asthma, Hashimotos, Cellulitis Issues


What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?




Back To Basics - Organic Baby Food? The Holistic Approach


Organic, Gluten Free Crockpot Lasagna in about Three Hours







2 comments:

  1. Erma says it so well and you seem to be living it despite you health trials. There is nothing like living thankful even when things are not perfect.

    All the best,
    Kathleen
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Erma was great. Loved reading her. She was funny too! Nothing in life is perfect, but my motto, be glad for the good. I lived through the worst scenario, it's not fun to know you are helpless, know nothing can be done, know there's no hope. When a young person is stricken with a horrific disease and loses the battle, you know you were on the right track in life. I always was happy to be alive and look at the positive.

      Delete