Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Incredible, Amazing Party With My Fabulous Fun, Insane Family And Friends!

The Theme of the Sweet 16 was Breakfast At Tiffany's, my niece's favorite movie.
I made it!  And... I was able to stay!  (See Awesome Anticipation Of A Delightful Night).  

The party was wonderful.  I am so happy I was able to be there!  

See More On The Sweet 16 - In Pictures And Video Clips


Me and my hubby at the cocktail hour! 
I didn't have to worry about the cocktail hour.  There was no hot food!  As you can see from hubby's plate, there were fruits and cheeses.  I brought my own baked red potato.  

See: How To Leave A Comment On This Blog

The food I brought for myself - don't mind the blue hue - it was part of the theme, they had blue lighting! 
During the reception, all the food was in a separate room.  There was nothing steaming in the room I was in.  I didn't step foot in the room with the food.  I brought my own meal with me.  



I'm told the food was very good.  The big hit was the potato bar.  There were various types of potatoes with many choices of toppings.  Everyone was raving.  


video
CLICK VIDEO - it will play - I Will Survive - PERFECT SONG for me!  

I even danced one dance, ok, PART of a dance.  If you can call it dancing.  I was on the dance floor.  I was moving.  I was having fun.  I consider it dancing.  I just HAD to dance to my favorite song!

Years ago, I would have been on the dance floor all night, from the first song until the last song! Things change.

As I say at the end in the video above, "I'm here, I'm alive, I even danced!"  All was good in the world that night!



The Sweet 16 was for my niece.  Her real birthday is coming up shortly; she shares a birthday with my daughter.    

The day we found out my sister was pregnant, we were on vacation in Massachusetts with a friend and her children, visiting her sister!  We heard the due date and the first thing my daughter said was, "I hope the baby is born on my birthday!"


Ice cream cone cupcakes - not mine but similar.  
The chances of the baby being born on her birthday were slim. I didn't want my daughter to be disappointed!  I kept telling her not to expect it.  



The day of my daughter's birthday, we walked into school with the ice cream cone cupcakes in hand! My mom made them for us and we made them for our kids. Back then I was a NORMAL person and was able to bake!  



I placed the cupcakes on the counter in the office and one of the counselors said to my daughter, "oh, it's your Birthday!  What do you want for your birthday?"  My daughter responded, "all I want is a little cousin." 



I walked out of the building and before I reached my car, my cell phone went off.  It was mom telling me that my sister was in labor and she went to the hospital.  Well... my daughter got her wish.  My niece was born on her eighth birthday!  My daughter never doubted it would happen!  



They have been best friends ever since. My daughter and other niece were at my sister's house constantly, sleeping over and helping to care for the baby and to babysit the baby.  



Now, 16 years later, my daughter was the professional photographer photographing the party!  


My wedding day almost 6 years ago.  Hubby was 200 lbs heavier, I was 55 lbs heavier!
I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whoooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It is the most fun I've had since my own wedding almost six years ago!  I actually was able to stay, there were no issues (due to much advanced planning and warnings on my part and my sister's part). 
  • My sister asked where the kitchen was, it's far away from the room we were in.
  • All food was set up in a separate room.
  • I was "allowed" to bring my own food (per the establishment, they "made an exception") - more like what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.
  • The DJ was warned not to use any fog machines or any chemicals.
  • No chemicals were sprayed in the room for cleaning purposes.

It was a success, not without issues, but a success.  I "danced" a bit, but had to get off the floor due to breathing issues and my leg hurting.  But I DANCED!  I couldn't taste any of the food or dessert, but I didn't go hungry, I ATE!

The best part, I didn't miss seeing my niece. I was with family and friends!  (See Family, Friends, Food And Fun!)  Nothing beats that!


UPDATE on visit to new doctor coming soon! (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)


Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

5 Signs You Need To Go To The ER For An Allergic Reaction


What Is A Compounding Pharmacy And Do You Need One?


The Snowstorm That Wasn't - The Allergy Attack That Was


The Family I Haven't Met Yet





Wanted - Short, Dark-haired, chunky woman... You Won't Believe Witness Descriptions!


Gluten Fee Vegetable Crockpot Lasagna - All Organic


Valentine's Day With Allergies???????


Where Do I Shop For Organic, Gluten Free, And More...


Snowstorm Anxiety When You Have Allergies, Asthma, Hashimotos, Cellulitis Issues


What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?




Back To Basics - Organic Baby Food? The Holistic Approach


Organic, Gluten Free Crockpot Lasagna in about Three Hours



No comments:

Post a Comment