Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2017

10 Reasons Why I'm Terrified To Eat!


Why am I terrified to eat?  (See 5 Signs You Need To Go To The ER For An Allergic Reaction)  


It's bad enough having reactions to gluten, nuts, soy, corn and eggs, but now that IT is back, it's a nightmare. (See Why Am I Not Posting Recipes? Because IT Has Started Again!)
  • When IT starts, anything can cause the mystery attack.
  • An attack is horrendous and causes me extreme anxiety.
  • My neck, throat, face, nose and tongue swell.  The swelling hurts.
  • It's difficult to swallow and breathe.
  • It feels like you are being strangled.  
  • I can barely turn my head when this happens.
  • I don't want to wind up in the ER yet again.
  • I can't stand all the poking and prodding in the ER to come out with the very same results, WE DON'T KNOW. 
  • I don't want to ruin celebrations or holidays.
  • I can't stand the feeling from the medications they give me; IV Benadryl, IV Steroids, Epinephrine shot.

Eating is a basic need.  It's instinctive.  A monkey can do it!

Being terrified to eat is simply not normal.  I asked my counselor if she ever heard of anyone who was afraid to eat. She said no.  People do have eating disorders, but they don't present in this manner. (See How to Deal With Life's Bizarre Challenges)


I miss salads the most.  I loved my salads.  I also miss my vegetables.  (See Organic Brussels Sprouts & NYC Restaurant Known For It's Brussels Sprouts!)


I was even scared to start the powdered nutrition the doctor ordered.
  • The counselor had to talk me into it! 
  • It was a whole production the first time.  
  • I did it in my parents' house, with a lot of people around.  
  • I had my EPI pens by my side (sticking up from my pocketbook).  
  • I took only a spoonful at first.  
You would think it was poison the way I was acting!  (See Oh, I Know, You Have Celiac Disease. Umm, No, Not Exactly)


I saw the new Gastroenterologist today.  I told her my long, sordid tale.  (See IT Struck Again Last Night - What Is IT????)


She thinks the Allergist/Immunologist is onto something!  She scheduled an endoscopy/colonoscopy to do a specific biopsy and she's getting medical records from the Allergist. (See My Second Visit With the Extraordinary New Doctor April 21, 2017)  Unfortunately, the appointment isn't until July!  Crazy, I know.


I was able to get in to see the ENT for May 16 rather than June!  And so... the saga continues   (See Me, My Highfalutin Car And The ENT..)

Click Video

So... I continue with my powdered nutrition until further notice!  MMMMMMMMMMM. (See   Congratulations! You Just Gave Birth To....).

Click Video for Gluten free, organic crockpot lasagna

I can't wait to, hopefully, at least get back to the way I was eating when I started this blog!  I'd love to film more gluten-free, organic (allergy-free) recipes!


Of course, I'd love to be able to taste all the foods I used to eat once in a while when I was NORMAL.  After all, New York has amazing cuisine!  (See Foods And Drinks That Originated In Or Are Associated With New York Part 1)

I'm a BIG MYSTERY, per the Gastroenterologist's exclamation today!  Yeah, I know, I know.

Stay tuned....




Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)


5 Signs You Need To Go To The ER For An Allergic Reaction


What Is A Compounding Pharmacy And Do You Need One?


The Snowstorm That Wasn't - The Allergy Attack That Was


The Family I Haven't Met Yet





Wanted - Short, Dark-haired, chunky woman... You Won't Believe Witness Descriptions!


Gluten Fee Vegetable Crockpot Lasagna - All Organic


Valentine's Day With Allergies???????


Where Do I Shop For Organic, Gluten Free, And More...


Snowstorm Anxiety When You Have Allergies, Asthma, Hashimotos, Cellulitis Issues


What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?




Back To Basics - Organic Baby Food? The Holistic Approach


Organic, Gluten Free Crockpot Lasagna in about Three Hours




4 comments:

  1. Wow I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you. Stay positive! I was also shocked to hear about the 40lb loss just for switching to organic. That is pretty incredible. I agree it is very expensive though, it's the main reason why I haven't committed to it but I'm definitely trying. Hoping you can get back to being you as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the weight loss was amazing. It truly is scary to think about what's in our food that is there for greed (all to make as much money as possible without regard for health of the consumer). What the FDA allows is shocking. You too can eat organic. More and more supermarkets are carrying organic. Their prices are less than the specialty stores. Also, look for local grown, which is helpful and look for sales. Maybe some of my recipes will inspire you! The soup is really yummy! :)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness! That is absolutely crazy. I can't imagine something like this, I love food. I imagine it's absolutely terrifying. I don't envy you at all. Wishing you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy. Thank you for your kind words. Feel free to subscribe and share. :)

      Delete