I was able to go to dinner with the family to celebrate two family events.
We went to a quaint, Portuguese restaurant in my town. It's been there for probably 35 years and the food is amazing. We were celebrating my brother-in-law (from Portugal) becoming an American citizen (he's been here legally over 30 years) and my sister doing well through the medical issues that arose again last November!
|Tinkyada organic, gluten free, brown rice spaghetti with organic red sauce and organic beef brought from home|
I was excited about going; I even curled my hair with my new curling iron that I got for Christmas.
So... what are the pros and cons of dealing with allergies when going out to eat? My allergies are so severe, I can't eat anything I have not cooked myself.
Allergies: gluten, nuts, soy, corn, eggs, chemicals, sulfates, penicillin (I also have problems antibiotics). I eat all organic so that there's no chemicals (pesticides), antibiotics or hormones in the food and it's not modified.
TIP: Double check where your organics are coming from. Are they being imported from China? If so, don't buy. Per several of my doctors, it's not a good idea. I also don't buy anything made from China (food or toys) for my pets.
- It won't cost me anything! I'm bringing my own food and I bring my own bottled water (my sister and her hubby picked up the entire tab, which was a nice surprise to everyone)
- I won't have to make the agonizing decision of choosing something off the menu.
- I know I will like what I'm eating, after all, I made it.
- I can be with everyone and join in the fun (as long as nothing goes wrong).
- I won't have to lug leftovers home (they give you portions enough for three meals).
- I won't be upset that I forgot my leftover food on the table and either have to run back or go without (there goes tomorrow's lunch and dinner).
- I won't be eating as much as everyone else (no picking on bread upon arrival, no appetizer, soup, dessert) so I won't be complaining I ate too much,
- I won't be saying, "Why did I order that calorie-ridden food!"
- I can't order off the menu. I love ethnic foods and I used to love Portuguese food when I could eat it years ago.
- I have to watch everyone eating various meals that look really good.
- I have to watch everyone taking tastes of everyone else's meals and/or sharing one another's meals and I can't taste anything.
- Although I brought my food hot, it will be room temperature by the time we eat.
- I won't take the chance of asking anyone to heat up food, I won't let my food leave my side. I don't want any chance of contamination.
- While everyone is eating bread, appetizers, soup, I'm not eating anything. I'm saving my food to eat with the main course.
- When everyone is eating dessert back at my sister's house, I'm sipping on bottled water.
- I can't enjoy a glass of wine and I sip water when they make the toast!
- I watch people order wine and liquor and I sip water.
Other Posts You May Be Interested In:
Why I Want To Tie My Family To Chairs And Force Them To Watch My Video
What's For Brunch? Chicken!
My YouTube Channel
Visit My Pages:
Welcome - Make Yourself At Home - Some History On Me