Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day With Allergies???????


Chocolate, nuts, flowers, restaurants.   Typical Valentines Day celebrations right.  Well, for most people.  Not for people with allergies, asthma, immunology issues.  I can't do any of the above.


Jow can someone who needs to eat organic, gluten, nut, soy, corn and egg free and who can't have sulfites celebrate Valentine's Day?   Well, I found chocolate I can have!!  Visit eatingevolved.  I can have sweets, just not typical sweets.

I was in Whole Foods, speaking with a young associate telling him that I was looking for the impossible (chocolate that was organic, gluten, nut, soy, corn and egg free). I knew if I had any chance of finding it, it would be in a specialty store.


Standing in the aisle were three young people.  They chimed in and I thought they were just being helpful.   They asked what I was looking for specifically.  I told them.  They told me they owned the business that made the chocolate!  It was organic.  It was my lucky day!

So, I can have chocolate on Valentine's Day!


This Valentine's Day, it's not me in the hospital.  It's hubby!  He was admitted Sunday after we spent 12 hours in the Emergency Room.  He's recuperating from pneumonia.


We were able to have lunch together (I brought mine to the hospital), so, we can honestly say, we celebrated Valentine's Day having lunch in Port Jeff!  Port Jefferson, New York is a fun, quaint town on the North Shore that has something for everyone!

I count my blessings.  He's getting better.  I'm able to visit him for a bit.  I can park in the handicapped spots near the front door.  Hospital personnel put me into a wheelchair and rolled me up to see him with all the bags I was carrying.  I get to see him a few hours.


Tomorrow he is coming home.  The best Valentine's Day gift we could both get.  


Neither of us can do the things we used to, but we can be together with our pups.  We can cuddle up on the couch (pups with us) and watch romantic comedies, laugh and have fun.

Because of our issues, we can't celebrate the traditional way but, we can still celebrate, in our own way!  

As a side note, I'm hoping to film some new meals soon!  Come back often.  Feel free to leave a comment on this blog.  
 Please subscribe to this blog and my YouTube Channel - link below.  Share with family and friends and on Social Media!  Feel free to leave an on-topic comment, make a suggestion, share an idea or ask on-topic questions (all comments require approval)

Other Posts You May Be Interested In:

Where Do I Shop For Organic, Gluten Free, And More...


Snowstorm Anxiety When You Have Allergies, Asthma, Hashimotos, Cellulitis Issues


What About Restaurants, Parties, Invites And Public Places?





No comments:

Post a Comment